Early Years physical activities with music, dance parachute play and dough dancing
Young children will love jumping and dancing to songs such as Hey you! can you? The music encourages instructional physical activity along with an opportunity to be creative and add your own take on the song. Building physical literacy skills along the way, these simple words support language development and coordination of body parts.
Lark in the park supports literacy skills such as memory and sequencing, rhyming words as well as stimulating the vestibular system.
Grandpa Joe, Pegging out the washing, Throw your scarves in the air, Run on the spot, The Entertainer, Hop little Bunnies, Country Dancing, Rocking my teddy, Travel around the world, I forgot my hat (winter version) Greek Instrumental, Five Baby Worms, On the Pogo, Paddle in the sea, Duck says Quack Quack Quack, Ey Ey Yippee, Wise Old Owl.
1. Hey You! Can you? (Gross Motor, Crossing Mid Lines)
2. Nursery Rhyme Medley (HSKT, Polly/Kettle, Mary/Lamb, Speckled Frogs)
3. Lark in the Park (Memory, Sequencing, Echo Singing) See video clip
4. Grandpa Joe (Role Play & Physical Exercise)
5. Pegging out the Washing (Role Play, Helping Out, Fine Motor)
6. Throw your scarves up in the air (Positional Language, Making Shapes)
7. Run on the spot (Gross Motor, Being Healthy)
8. The Entertainer (Role Play, Balance & Co-ordination)
9. Hop Little Bunnies (Gross Motor, Role Play)
10. Country Dancing (Cowboy Role Play, Circle Dancing)
11. Outdoor chores (Role Play, Helping In The Garden)
12. Rockabilly play dough (Team Work And Fine Motor Exercise) See video clip
13. I forgot my Hat (Winter Version) (Body Awareness, Memory, Sequencing)
14. Greek (Instrumental) (Contrasting Movement, Parachute & Sharing)
15. Five baby worms (Parachute, Counting, Eye Tracking, Fine Motor)
16. On the Pogo (Reacting to Sound, Gross Motor, Role Play)
17. Draw a shape (Shapes, Fine Motor, Team Work) See video clip
18. Duck Says Quack Quack Quack (Animal Sounds, Memory & Sequencing)
19. Ey Ey Yippee (Instrumental Playing, Contrasting Loud & Quiet)
20. Wise Old Owl (Simple Language, Body Awareness & Relaxation)
For personal use only. You MUST have a licence giving you permission to use our material for business or in groups. We are not members of the PRS or any other licensing authority, so a PRS or PPL Licence will not give you relevant permissions.